Monday, August 22, 2011

Beautiful

I saw something truly beautiful yesterday. 

My wife and I visited a tiny Enterprise Baptist Church waaaaaay out in the country.  Some friends of mine go there.  They are awesome, so I thought we'd worship with them some.  Know what I mean?

A shy, young man with a truly gifted, beautiful voice sang with his grandfather while his grandfather played guitar.  The grandfather also has a good voice.  But his shaky hands only occasionally found the right chords on his guitar.  And his effrots to change chords often threw off their timing.

You would expect a boy this age (I don't know, somewhere between 17 and 20 I guess) to be embarrassed.  Yet he kindly waited for his Papaw to catch up (or finally give up finding the right chord) and sang right along with the old man without a hint embarrassment or impatience.

That, my friends, is beautiful !!!!!!!