Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Encounter

I stumbled across a movie called The Encounter on Netflix last night. It's one of those low budget, B-Movie-feeling kind of movies put out by Christian groups that don't have the multi-hundreds-of-millions-of-dollars kinds of budgets that many Hollywood movie companies enjoy.  So, yes, it has that low budget feel to it.

But thank God Christian groups keep producing these movies.  By the way, they're getting better at it.  And apparently there's an emerging market for this kind of material.  We're seeing more and more uplifting, openly Christian offerings.  The 2011 movie, Soul Surfer, is a recent example of an openly Christian movie with higher production values and more recognizable actors.

Hallelujah !!!!!!!

But back to The Encounter:  I loved this movie.  I encourage anyone and everyone to watch it.  I kept getting the overwhelming feeling in my heart that this kind of message is what I'M supposed to be sharing with people.


Lord Jesus, I pray You continue to encourage my heart toward You.  Help me, Lord, to share Your wonderful love and the incredible good news of Your mercy to anyone and everyone who needs to hear it.  Fill me with Your spirit so I can share this blessed peace with everyone around me.  Prepare the way before me, God.  Give me the words to say and a humble spirit with which to deliver them.  Live in me, Jesus, so that my life becomes Your message, Lord. 

Amen


Then this morning I see K-LOVE's Encouraging Word for the day is:

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.  (Phil 2:13 NLT)


Hmmm ...

\o/